We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Alliance Laundry Systems
|Posted||157 days ago - Friday, January 18, 2019|
In this position basic effort is directed in the area of design, testing, and implementation of packaging designs that are an integral part of the organization’s Product Development Process. Addition responsibilities are to review and improve existing packaging designs.
- Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototyping, and performance testing per existing standards
- Work with internal resources and packaging suppliers to achieve functional and cost optimized packaging.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials, and processes while also providing creative, timely, and cost effective solutions.
- Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation and vendor selections
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, standardization, and compliance with customers, regulatory agencies, and internal requirements.
- Work with manufacturing department to ensure packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- Ensure packaging meets or exceeds customer and standards specifications through development, competitor benchmarking, and implementation of a comprehensive test plan.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and participate in production introduction teams, to deliver new products or service kits to market.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in an industrial or consumer packaging environment with knowledge in film, EPS and/or corrugated box technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (International safe Transit Association ISTA, International standards Organization ISO, American standards testing of materials ASTM, etc.)
- Problem solving and decision making skills are necessary
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of process and quality improvement in an ISO 9001 certified facility
- The use of Pro E, computer aided design and knowledge of six sigma methods is a plus
- Skills and Abilities:
- Hands on contributor with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of PC applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Packaging Engineering or Mechanical engineering degree is required.
- Physical Requirements
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.