CAD Graphics Supervisor
Alliance Laundry Systems
|Posted||Today - Wednesday, January 16, 2019|
The global market leader in commercial laundry equipment is seeking an experienced Supervisor for the company’s CAD/Graphics departments. With a 100+ year history and established distribution channels around the world serving nearly every segment of the recession-resistant commercial laundry industry, the CAD/Graphics Supervisor will be responsible for assigning and monitoring workloads for the CAD and Graphics personnel, maintaining company design standards and maintaining the Windchill PLM system. This will include reviewing models and drawings, attending project meetings, performing upgrades to the global Windchill and CAD systems. Based in the company’s Ripon, Wisconsin headquarters, the position responsibilities are global and offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Alliance Laundry Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.
Reporting to the Manager – Tactical Strike Team – CAD/Graphics Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that CAD and Graphics resources are properly allocated to support the company project plan. Responsibilities include assigning resources, setting priorities and enforcement of CAD standards. Responsibilities also include maintenance of the Windchill PLM system, Windchill and CAD software upgrades, and systems training.
- Estimate and manage resources to support CAD/Graphics needs for projects companywide. This includes manpower planning, estimating timing, and establishing priorities.
- Coach the CAD team and engineers on company CAD standards and identify issues and recommend solutions and improvements for CAD procedures.
- Review drawings and models to ensure consistency and ensure CAD standards are being met.
- Day to day maintenance and monitoring of the Windchill PLM system.
- Assist and train users for Windchill and CAD.
- Perform Windchill and CAD systems software upgrades for the global system.
- Further develop the Windchill system to expand companywide PLM requirements.
- Assist other teams and departments with design reviews and meetings.
- Interfaces with the engineers of all disciplines to collaborate on moderately complex electrical and mechanical designs.
- Monitor and measure the performance of the teams in terms of project targets.
- Coach the teams to follow the Product and Process Delivery Methodology (PPDM).
- Understands GD&T, ANSI/ASME and ISO standards.
- Create and run reports as required by the management team.
- Conduct interviews and hire staff as required to support project plans.
- Create and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Establish and maintain a yearly budget for CAD/Graphics department requirements.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Creo and Windchill
- Minimum 5-8 years in product design engineering, preferably related to industrial equipment or the appliance field.
- Previous supervisory or coaching experience is desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively develop, document, communicate, and manage project plans.
- Possess strong project management abilities
- Ability to effectively interact with executive management
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Associates’s degree in Mechanical Design, Engineering, or a field closely related is required.
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.